Forum Discussion

5 days ago

Daily aging setting - what will it affect?

Hello,

My question is: If I go into Setup > Preferences > Reports & Forms and select "Use Daily Aging Periods [System-wide]" what will [all] the effects be?

The reason I ask: we have customers set up with invoices due in a certain number of days, but because we use monthly aging periods, statements are sent out with everything issued in the current month as "current" and incorrect totals listed as "overdue".

I think "daily aging periods" is the setting I want to change, BUT - I am concerned that it will affect other reports or features that other people may use. I need to know everything that this setting will change, but I'm having trouble finding that information.

Thank you in advance.

1 Reply

Princess_R
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Invoice_Enjoyer,

I totally get why you’re curious about switching to daily aging periods—it’s good to know how it might change your reports and other features.

When you turn on the "Use Daily Aging Periods [System-wide]" setting in MYOB, it changes how aging periods are calculated and shown everywhere in the system. With daily aging periods, you can pick any number of days up to 999. This means your statements will show more precise aging details and overdue amounts based on daily calculations. Since this setting affects the whole system, it will impact all users, reports, and features that usually rely on monthly aging periods.

Feel free to get in touch if there's anything else I can assist you with!

Cheers,

Princess