Forum Discussion

Bunny79
Experienced User
3 years ago

Daily Aging period set up

Hi MYOB Team

I had customised our ageing periods for customer statements as 30 days overdue, 60 days overdue and 60+ days overduein the 'Reports & Forms' tab in 'Preferences'

It shows in our statement as

Current (not over due) / 30 Days overdue/ 60 days overdue/ 60 + days overdue

However I found it showed the incorrect amount overdue in 30 days

For example invoice issued on 18/6/2022 with the amount of $1385

Statement sent out on 30/6/2022

In the statement print out : it showed $1385 in period of 30 day overdue ? while it is not overdue yet, should it be in Current (not overddue) ?

Could anyone help me to fixed this matter

Thank you

• Hi Bunny79 

Sounds more like the issue of a term than an ageing one.

With that invoice, you brought up, what is the due date of that invoice? This can be found by opening the Invoice and selecting the Terms arrow (top right). I would have it a guess that the Terms of that invoice are COD and therefore the invoice is overdue (falls into the 1-30 days bracket of being overdue/first ageing period - 30 Days Overdue).

If that is the case, reviewing the terms of that invoice should correct the due date and therefore the ageing on the statements. You may want to check all currently recorded invoices as well for your customers.

Going forward, you always want to check the individual customer's card>>Selling Details>>Customer Terms Information which is where the default invoice terms come from for future invoices.

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Bunny79 

Sounds more like the issue of a term than an ageing one.

With that invoice, you brought up, what is the due date of that invoice? This can be found by opening the Invoice and selecting the Terms arrow (top right). I would have it a guess that the Terms of that invoice are COD and therefore the invoice is overdue (falls into the 1-30 days bracket of being overdue/first ageing period - 30 Days Overdue).

If that is the case, reviewing the terms of that invoice should correct the due date and therefore the ageing on the statements. You may want to check all currently recorded invoices as well for your customers.

Going forward, you always want to check the individual customer's card>>Selling Details>>Customer Terms Information which is where the default invoice terms come from for future invoices.