Forum Discussion

Ian4101
Contributing Partner
6 years ago
Solved

API Internal Server Error (500) since late last night

I'm getting a (500) internal server error since last night (23-4-2019 23:20 hours).

Nothing has changed at our end and the API calls are working for another company file - but not this one. I can access the MYOB file through the AccountRight Native application.

An ApiCommunicationException was returned when calling the MYOB API. Error Information: . RequestID: ###. Status Code: InternalServerError. Exception Details: Exception: Encountered a communication error (https://ar1.api.myob.com/accountright/###/Company/). Inner Exception: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.

• Hi Ian4101 and OMS I can confirm that upgrading to 2019.1 has solve the problem for us with the file in question. Not sure if the problem is just the version or if the upgrade somehow 'fixes' the file. Seems a bit strange that none of the 2019.1 files have had any problems and we have quite a few of them...

12 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • We are having the same issue, seems to be only one file also, all other files continue work work as before. 

Ian4101
    Contributing Partner

I found a correlation in that we had 2 registered applications set up. They both use the same code to address the API but the the fault is happening on one application only. The other seems to be happily talking to the API end point. I also tried re-authorising the company file and am getting the following: "We have encountered some issue with the request, please try again later or contact your app support

• invalid_request"

cheers,

Ian

Ian4101
    Contributing Partner

It appears that updating the file to 2019.1 has addressed the problem. So the circumstantial evidence is that the API couldn't talk to a company file in 2018.3 format.

Hopefully that also helps you CameronScott 

OMS
        Contributing Partner

Hi guys

Same symptoms for us as reported by Ian4101 (thanks very much for creating the thread) 

CameronScott Did the action suggested by Ian4101 work for you?

Ian4101 has anyone from MYOB confirmed or corrected your theory? Surely 2018.3 is still a supported release?