Forum Discussion

The_Doc
Ultimate Partner
18 days ago

Service Invoices Downloading doubling

Hi Folks

Thought I would post as a head's up until I get an answer from API support.

A client posted a query that a Job Costing package was giving errors on some jobs but not all.

I wrote the package in MS Access in about 2013 for AccountRight 19.16 with ODBC - then 2016 ( or around there) - local file - then upgraded it to an online file.

Most, if not all faults have long been ironed out and it works and I hear very little from them.

Except mid Sept - suddenly I am getting a double up in $ figures on some invoices and some jobs.

Whilst I ALWAYS work from the frontend back and never assume there isn't an odd code bug ( 99.9%) are removed. 

I am suddenly getting a double up in service invoices downloaded - I use page=1000.

The download takes 2 pages - and there is a doubling up of some invoices - the OData extract is doubling up - grrr 

I captured to json page downloads and looked for a doubled up invoice and it was on both pages.

UID for the record were identical so it is the same entry but grabbed twice.

Awaiting MYOB's API support reply. - you may well ask why I haven't turned on a primary key ( no duplicates)  - because sometimes duplicate invoices do exist for a reason.

However, I do not capture UID - but I need to spin up a quick solution whilst MYOB ponder this problem. I will make this a primary (no duplicate key) and loop to the next entry so we can get around this apparent problem.

Just giving a heads up to check folks.

The Doc

No RepliesBe the first to reply