Forum Discussion

JAB76
Contributing Cover User
3 months ago

Double entry and payment of invoices

Lately some of my team have been able to enter a supplier invoice into MYOB twice  and then unfortunately I have then paid our supplier twice.

I have checked our settings and we already have the box ticked to warn us of a duplicate invoice entry.  I just tested it and it works for me but one of my team has just tried to enter and invoice a second time and has not received the warning.

How can we stop this duplication from happening?

• Hi JAB76,

Thanks for letting us know that earlier steps didn't solve the issue for your team member. Let's give another approach a shot. It looks like duplication might be happening because of how the in-tray is used when creating bills. If documents aren't properly linked to the existing bill, it can result in new transactions and duplicates. Make sure the uploaded documents are correctly linked to the existing bill, and wait for the COG to stop spinning before moving forward—that means MYOB has prefilled the data. If the issue persists, please share more details about how the user creates transactions. We'll get this sorted out!

Cheers,

Princess

4 Replies

Shella_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi JAB76

Thanks for posting. I get that some of your staff are having issues with duplicate invoices. I would recommend clearing the AccountRight cache, then unticking and ticking the box in the setup to warn us of a duplicate invoice entry again, as this action can often resolve unusual behavior. And also, if you have a duplicate invoice, you'll need to delete the new invoice that was created. To do this, locate the new invoice in the Invoices list and proceed to delete it.

Feel free to let us know if you need any other assistance.

Kind regards,

Shella

JAB76
    Contributing Cover User

Unfortunatley these steps have not resolved the issue for my team member.

Princess_R
      MYOB Moderator

Hi JAB76,

Thanks for letting us know that earlier steps didn't solve the issue for your team member. Let's give another approach a shot. It looks like duplication might be happening because of how the in-tray is used when creating bills. If documents aren't properly linked to the existing bill, it can result in new transactions and duplicates. Make sure the uploaded documents are correctly linked to the existing bill, and wait for the COG to stop spinning before moving forward—that means MYOB has prefilled the data. If the issue persists, please share more details about how the user creates transactions. We'll get this sorted out!

Cheers,

Princess

JAB76
    Contributing Cover User

I have since discovered that the employee is dragging the invoice from the in tray but they are not waiting for the COG to stop spinning so they are now allowing MYOB to prefill the data.  Is this the cause of the problem?