Forum Discussion

WetFrog
Contributing Cover User
4 years ago
Solved

Double payment

Good Evening 

I was wondering if anyone has advise on a small issue . I have had a client send a second payment for an invoice that was paid and closed off in fy18/19 . I have tried to mod the inv but its in a locked status due to been last years file . 

Any Ideas on what the best proccess would be to enter the monies into the inv so I can create a credit and proccess the refund against that 

Kind regards Shane

• Hi WetFrog 

Within the Sales>>Receive Payments window, you will have the option for the Include Closed Sales. This will bring up already closed invoices.

As such, for our case, you want to complete the following:

1. Navigate to Sales>>Receive Payments
    2. Choose the required customer
    3. Tick Included Closed Sales
    4. Add in the payment transaction as per normal, ensure that amount is allocated to that closed invoice
    5. Record the transaction

What the above process will do is apply that payment to that already closed invoice, thus generating a credit note. This credit note can then been seen and actioned through Sales>>Sales Register>>Returns and Credits. You would be able to apply that credit to a new invoice for the customer or pay a refund on it.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi WetFrog 

Within the Sales>>Receive Payments window, you will have the option for the Include Closed Sales. This will bring up already closed invoices.

As such, for our case, you want to complete the following:

1. Navigate to Sales>>Receive Payments
    2. Choose the required customer
    3. Tick Included Closed Sales
    4. Add in the payment transaction as per normal, ensure that amount is allocated to that closed invoice
    5. Record the transaction

What the above process will do is apply that payment to that already closed invoice, thus generating a credit note. This credit note can then been seen and actioned through Sales>>Sales Register>>Returns and Credits. You would be able to apply that credit to a new invoice for the customer or pay a refund on it.

WetFrog
      Contributing Cover User

Thanks Steven

solved and completed