Forum Discussion

HE
Contributing Cover User
25 days ago

Bank feed with a new credit card

I had a credit card set up in bank feeds and was able to use the bank feeds to reconcile the account, unfortunately we then had to replace the card due to dodgy internet scammers!

Since then, I have been unable to link the new card in bank feeds as when I choose the dropdown menu Associated Accounts ‘WBC Visa – Business’ it won’t let me choose that account because it was already associated with the old card. The message reads “This account code is assigned to another bank feed. Select a different account”

Does this mean I would have to set up a new Liabilities accounts for this new credit card in MYOB, that way I can choose that new account when adding the card into Bank Feeds?

If so, would I need to zero balance the old account before starting up a new liability account. Hope this makes sense.

Thanks, in advance!

Princess_R
    MYOB Moderator

Hi HE,

Dealing with bank feed issues after replacing your credit card due to scammers can be a hassle. Since your old card was linked to the “WBC Visa—Business” account, it's understandable that you're seeing that message. MYOB doesn't allow the same account to be linked to multiple bank feeds.

You'll need to set up a new liability account for your new credit card in MYOB. Once that's done, you can link this new account to the bank feeds. You don't have to zero out the old account right away, but it's a good idea to make sure everything is balanced and reconciled before making the switch.

Feel free to get in touch if you need more help.

Cheers,

Princess

HE
      Contributing Cover User

Thank you so much, I will give this a go :)

Princess_R
        MYOB Moderator

Hi HE,

You're welcome! I'm glad I could help. If you have any questions or need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

Cheers,

Princess