Forum Discussion

JulieM09
Trusted Cover User
4 years ago
Solved

Calculated balance differs to closing statement balance

Up until this week, all my reconciliations balanced perfectly and nothing was out of balance, with lots of $0.00 in the right places on the reports.   This week, I am advised that I am $1130.17 out...
    4 years ago

Hi JulieM09 

I’d start by locating the reconciliation reports printed out at the time the reconciliations were completed and run the reconciliation report in the file today for the same dates. You’re comparing the two instances of the reports looking for anything that differs. If you identify a difference between the two instances of the report, you’ll need to check the next oldest report and keep going back until you find the point where the report printed at the time matches the same report for the same date printed today.

Once you’ve found the point where the reports match, then the next report would be where the discrepancy first appeared. You’d then be able to identify the discrepancy and work out what has been deleted or changed so that you could then take steps to resolve it and undo and redo the bank reconciliations accordingly