Forum Discussion

Dimples8
Cover User
2 years ago

Data File becoming Unreconciled by itself

I have been unsing MYOB since Version 4 ie 1995 and do know what I am doing.  But I have now had my data file unreconcile itself back 2 years!!!!

Not only that, my accountant that has been working with MYOB has discovered that there are about 300 missing entries, entries in the Transaction Journal that are not in the Reconciliation as well.

Has anyone experienced this problem.

MYOB have been very slow in helping with this

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Butch_Dixon
    Experienced User

Dimples8 I think something similar has happened to our file. Entries from June 2022 have just appeared that were previously reconciled.

Did MYOB find out what went wrong? 

Shella_A
      MYOB Moderator

Hi Dimples8 

Thank you for your post. Regarding to your concern, when you open a reconciled transaction, AccountRight will prompt you with a warning advising that one or more parts of the transaction have been reconciled and changing or deleting the entry may impact your next reconciliation.

If any part of that transaction was changed, even if it didn’t impact the amount of the transaction then this would cause the transaction to become unreconciled. If you are viewing a previously reconciled transaction, we do recommend not making any changes to avoid the transactions becoming unreconciled

You may also have a look on this Help Article: Reversing unreconciled transactions that has detailed information and instructions to assist with this.

If you need further help with this don't hesitate to start a new post and we'll be happy to assist.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,

Shella_A