Forum Discussion

16 days ago

previously reconciled transactions now unreconciled

I run two businesses through MYOB business and one business now has transactions dating back to 2021 and the other business 2022 that are now unreconciled. MYOB is telling me to unreconcile all statements back to that time and re-reconcile. It is quicker for me to take my business elsewhere, then to be fixing up their mistakes when MYOB did the transition to the new update. None of us has the time to go back 2 and 3 years to fix a problem that you created by your upgrade. 🌹

1 Reply

Princess_R
    MYOB Moderator

Hi simonneale,

Thanks for bringing this up. I totally get how this could be bugging you. This happens because the bank reconciliations in MYOB follow a certain order, where the closing balance is figured out based on the last reconciled balance plus the transactions you've ticked off. Usually, editing reconciled transactions can indeed lead to them becoming unreconciled. Given the extensive period affected, you might want to try doing a reconciliation set for a future date to see if that balances things out. If that doesn't work, you'll have to undo the reconciliations back to where the imbalance first popped up and then redo them.

Feel free to reach out anytime you need further assistance.

Cheers,

Princess