Forum Discussion

JL25
User
11 months ago
Solved

Unable to add user that was previously deleted

Im trying to add my accountant that was previously deleted, but i keep getting the message that the email address already exists....He does not show up as a user even when the inactive box is ticked.

• Hi JL25

Thanks for letting me know. Apologies that it didn't resolve the issue.

To change the user access, you usually would be able to use the drop-down on the invitation already sent on my.myob to change the invitation to inviting them as an Advisor instead of File User.

To do this:

1. choose Users from the company menu in the top right corner.
    2. If in the new screen the user to be deleted is not listed, click the Status button and select all entries.
    3. In the new screen (showing user details), click the Delete button in the left corner.
    4. Note: You may have to unassigned rights first and click Save.

You should be able to delete the user and use Create advisor successfully.

Please do let us know how you go, and feel free to post again anytime you require further assistance.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
    Leneth

11 Replies

Leneth_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi JL25

Thanks for your post. I'd like to extend you a warm welcome to the Community Forum. I hope you find it a valuable resource.

In this matter, you would need to check the email of every users listed in the account to check if they have the same email. Go to Product >> Users >> Click the name of the user to be deleted >> Click delete >> confirmation message will appear, click Delete.

You may also check this Help Article Edit and delete users to provide you with more information and instructions to assist you with this.

Please don't hesitate to post again if you need help in the future.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
    Leneth

JL25
      User

Hi

Sorry this didnt answer my question, my accountant was deleted months ago but I need to re add him, he is not showing up even as an inactive user & when I go to add advisor an error message comes up saying there is already a user with this email, enter a different email. 

Thanks

Leneth_A
        MYOB Moderator

Hi JL25

Thanks for letting me know. Apologies that it didn't resolve the issue.

To change the user access, you usually would be able to use the drop-down on the invitation already sent on my.myob to change the invitation to inviting them as an Advisor instead of File User.

To do this:

2. If in the new screen the user to be deleted is not listed, click the Status button and select all entries.
        3. In the new screen (showing user details), click the Delete button in the left corner.

You should be able to delete the user and use Create advisor successfully.

Please do let us know how you go, and feel free to post again anytime you require further assistance.

Cheers,
        Leneth

shameron69
      Contributing User

I too am having trouble re-adding an inactive user with the same email addr.

I had cancelled the user and made them inactive and when I try to delete it states "can't delete a user that has an audit trail".

I initially set them up as a file user but they needed to be an advisor.

Help!

Leneth_A
        MYOB Moderator

Hi shameron69

Thanks for your post and welcome here to the Community Forum. We are glad that you found this forum a valuable resource and thank you for your time bringing your concern with us. We truly apologize for the difficulties you have been experiencing when adding an advisor and thank you for your patience and understanding on this matter. 

To change user access, you usually would be able to use the drop-down on the invitation already sent on my.myob to change the invitation to inviting them as an Advisor instead of File User. 

To do this: 

2. If in the new screen, the user to be deleted is not listed, click the Status button, and select all entries. 

You should be able to delete the user and use Create Advisor successfully. 

Our Help Article Add an accountant advisor will provide you with more information and instructions to assist you with this. 

If you are still having issues adding an advisor to your company file, I have sent you a private message for the necessary information for me to check further on my end. To access this, please click on your forum display picture in the top right-hand corner of your screen, then choose the envelope icon that appears.

Please do not hesitate to post again if you need help in the future. 

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information. 

Cheers, 

Leneth

Craig_RD
      Contributing Cover User

In the original question the user asks

Im trying to add my accountant that was previously deleted, but i keep getting the message that the email address already exists.

In the same way I am trying to re-use an generic email address for a user that was previously deleted.  That user does not appear on any list of users even when I select every status possible on the list of users.

I cant find where the original question is answered.

I get the error message that the email address already exists and is attached to another user.

Is it possible to reallocate an email address once the user profile originally associated with that email address  is deleted?

The second question is that the 2 factor identification links that user id to a mobile phone number.  How can we change the 2 factor id so that it looks to a new mobile number?

Thanks

Isaiah_C
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Craig_RD,

Thank you for the post. I'm sorry for the late response and to hear that you've had this experience. I'll be sending you a private message to get some information and to assist you further.

When it comes to changing your phone number for your 2FA, here's the link that has detailed instructions to help you with this. Setting up two-factor authentication on a new phone (myob.com).

Kind regards,

Sai