Forum Discussion

Monicka11
Contributing User
3 years ago
Solved

Electronic clearing account should go back to $0

Hi guys, 

I believed that Electronic clearing account should go back to $0 when a payment is made for outstanding payments? If I'm to reconcile on monthly basis where do I get the closing statement balance? 

Thank you,

Monika

• Hi Monicka11 

Thanks for your post. You're correct that clearing accounts should reconcile back to zero and it's a really good idea to do this on a regular basis.

When reconciling a clearing account, enter $0.00 as the Closing Statement balance amount. Then tick the matching debit and credit transactions so the Calculated Statement balance and Out of balance figures are $0.00.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Monicka11 

Thanks for your post. You're correct that clearing accounts should reconcile back to zero and it's a really good idea to do this on a regular basis.

When reconciling a clearing account, enter $0.00 as the Closing Statement balance amount. Then tick the matching debit and credit transactions so the Calculated Statement balance and Out of balance figures are $0.00.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.