Forum Discussion

sumroy
Contributing User
3 years ago
Solved

How to allocate Two payments made against single payroll transaction on my bank feed

Hi,   I am new in MyOb as well new in my org. My org is using AccountRight. I am facing problem to match two payments against single payroll transaction.   We pay to the employee weekly (sort of...
    Trevor_Harrison
    3 years ago

Hi sumroy 

When I posted my comment I had interpreted your request as the other way around where you have 1 payment and two transactions in the ledger.  The adjustment can come in handy if the payment cannot be matched exactly against the transaction in that you can post a discrepancy to any account you want.

In your case you will not be able to record the entry with an amount that is 'out of balance'.  However it can work the way you have described by utilising a suspense account adjustment (with a negative number to eliminate the 'out of balance' in your example) exactly how you have detailed below.  The second payment will then be made direct to the suspense account and then you will be able to 'match' via the feeds.