Forum Discussion

Sky1
Experienced User
4 months ago
Solved

Importing QIF file and allocating accounts

We are using new software Budgetly for our daily expenditures. The system  generates a QIF file which we need to import into MYOB. Currently when I import to MYOB, it does not pickup the accounts or job and I have to add each and every transaction, select account and job.

Below is one of the transaction example. We do have accounts(L) and jobsTtags) setup in budgetly which matches our account name and jobs. 

D31/12/2023
T-18.18
U-18.18
PThe Ponds The Ponds AU
A The Ponds
L5-0200 Site Groceries
MNote: GST not provided in receipt; Tags: Douglas

• Hi Sky1,

Thank you for reaching out, and my apologies for the delayed response.

When importing bank statements into MYOB, a QIF file is typically used. Ensure that the QIF file generated adheres to the expected format for MYOB import. However, when it comes to importing budget data, a TXT file format is generally required. It's important to ensure that the data in these files is formatted correctly for MYOB to be able to read and import it successfully.

Please let me know if you require further assistance.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess

1 Reply

• Hi Sky1,

Thank you for reaching out, and my apologies for the delayed response.

When importing bank statements into MYOB, a QIF file is typically used. Ensure that the QIF file generated adheres to the expected format for MYOB import. However, when it comes to importing budget data, a TXT file format is generally required. It's important to ensure that the data in these files is formatted correctly for MYOB to be able to read and import it successfully.

Please let me know if you require further assistance.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess