Forum Discussion

4 months ago

Past months transactions now appearing as unreconciled.

Can you please explain why over $6k worth of transactions would suddenly become unreconciled? This isn't the first time this has occurred MYOB and now I have to unreconcile the past 2 months to fix this issue before I can continue. I am beyond frustrated with MYOB as a product, this isn't the first time this has happened and I'm sure it won't be the last. You keep increasing your fees each year but the product just keeps getting worse. I am so close to moving to a new accounting software after 17years. It's just not good enough MYOB.

1 Reply

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi biacon07,

Thanks for your post, and we're sorry for the delayed response.

Regarding your issue about unreconciled transactions, please create a 'fake' bank reconciliation initially, then delete all required reconciliations as needed. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Go to Reports >> Banking >> Cheques and Deposits >> Reconciliation Report
    • Select Advanced Filters
    • Select Individual bank account >> OK
    • Select Change Entered Statement Date to List of Recorded Statement Dates >> Run the report
    • Click on Statement Date to see all statement dates available
    • Go to Banking >> Reconcile Accounts
    • Enter the fake date 01/01/9999 after the latest statement date and ignore the message about the transaction being future-dated
    • Enter the Calculated Statement Balance into the Closing Statement Balance field so that the out-of-balance is $0.00
    • Click Reconcile. This should then allow you to undo the 'fake' bank reconciliation and any other future-dated transactions.

Feel free to post again anytime you require further assistance. 

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

Best regards,

Doreen