Forum Discussion

RuthCO
Contributing User
4 years ago
Solved

Reconciliation - Bank account

I have just started a new job. I have in front of me the the last bank statement that was reconciled before I started. I have now gone to reconcile the next bank statement BUT there are entries still...
    Emily_B
    4 years ago

Hello RuthCO 

My apologies, I should have checked if you were using bank feeds first. The same would apply for transcations that were uploaded via a bank statement. If those transactions you see now in the Bank Register were previously reconciled, but the AccountRight transaction they were matched to was changed or deleted at some point, the bank statement transaction would unmatch and appear again in the Bank Register to be reconciled once more. 

Unfortunately with transactions in the Bank Register from bank statements, there is not to my knowledge a feature that allows you to simply hide them. If you do want to get rid of them, it would be a matter of unreconciling the whole bank statement they apply to. 

I just want to double check though, your accounts do balance, correct? If they are not balancing, you may want to investigate those transactions further to ensure they aren't the cause of any balance issues. Please see Resolving out of balance bank reconciliations if this is an issue. However, if everything is reconciled and balancing, those extra transactions would be a visual nuisance more than anything. If you can go to Reports >> Banking >> Bank Register and select a date range that includes some of those transactions, can you see a previously reconciled date for them? If so, I would suspect the above scenario has happened and that their AccountRight transaction has been changed somehow, thus leaving it unmatched and waiting to be reconciled again, but not actually throwing anything out of balance.