Forum Discussion

Domcar
User
5 years ago
Solved

Error -274: The combination of Quantity, Unit Cost and Amounts values is invalid.

Hi there I have recently purchased a business that has been unit MYOB for 11yrs We exported his myob file, created a new fresh file for my company and imported the data. The issue was the 3900 inv...
    Andrew_Y
    5 years ago

Hello Domcar 

Thanks for your post.

After testing with your examples I was able to replicate your error. 

AccountRight will flag this error when you are attempting to enter a journal adjustment with zero$ Amount Quantity and Unit cost.  By contrast if these fields have a non-zero amount it should allow this entry. 

The conflict is that it is an inventory adjustment that has no adjustment made.  While you can EXPORT these from AccountRight, it does not allow you to IMPORT these void entries.  You can test this by creating a zero adjustment and exporting that entry, and attempt to import it.

Removing these entries (see file attached) I was able to successfully import the data.  Note that you may need to have qty on hand first, or you will throw a different error.

If this has helped understand the issue better kindly consider marking this post as a solution to help others that may be looking for answers.