Forum Discussion

5 years ago
Solved

Error Message -27 when importing transactions

I am receiving Error -27: A non-zero amount requires an account when importing some transactions into MYOB.

The accounts used 1-1100, 1-2000 are both valid accounts and some other transactions work when importing into these accounts.

Any help would be appreciated.

Komal_S
    5 years ago

Hi Adminteam 

I have attached a sample template for this import to work successfully. Basically, if you remove the blank line between the header line and first import line, the import works successfully.

Please let me know if you still get any errors.

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Komal_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Adminteam 

This error points out that there is no account number in the import file, however, as we can see the account number in the error log, it appears that the formatting of the file is in error. Therefore, could you please try opening your import file in Excel and ensure that the account number field is in the relevant field? 

If the formatting is correct in Excel, please attach the import file here so we can investigate what's causing this error. 

Adminteam
      User

Hi Komal_S ,

We checked the import logs in Excel and it did appear to be consistent with the accounts. However we did just notice that only the first entry is failing to import - and this is consistent across all our imports.

I've attached another import log from today. For this one only the first entry 10992 failed to import while the rest of the 40 suceeded. The attached doc shows the first couple of entries and the names have been deleted. So normally it is [name of client] external journal from MMS.

Thanks for your help,

Komal_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Adminteam 

I have attached a sample template for this import to work successfully. Basically, if you remove the blank line between the header line and first import line, the import works successfully.

Please let me know if you still get any errors.