Forum Discussion

5 days ago

opening old files

I am taking over a clients books from previous bookkeeper, he uses V19 (15 years old and not on the cloud) but can't (or won't) tell me more than that.  He has sent me some files that I am unsure how to open.  I feel I need to download a version of myob in order to access the information, however I am not sure if this is the case and which version I should download.  Once I can access the information then I can establish a path to continue with cloud etc. 

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated 

Laura

1 Reply

Jemar_C
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Laura1616,

Thanks for your post. I can see that you are unsure of what version of Accountright you may download to access the files. If the previous bookkeeper used V19 on the files, you may download the V19 version, and I just want to set your expectations that, as of 30th September 2019, MYOB will no longer provide features, patches, compliance updates, or product support for your MYOB AccountRight Classic (v19) desktop software. If the files are not compatible with the V19 version, there will be a prompt message to update the files to the newer version.

You may also check out this link for the minimum system requirements for your reference.

Feel free to write a post if you need further assistance.

Cheers,

Jem