Forum Discussion

bectangel
Contributing User
2 months ago

Sync with Service M8 - invoices not able to be sent to MYOB.

We are having this issue with Service M8 - none of our invoices have been able to get through to MYOB. SM8 have confirmed that is an MYOB API issue.

We approve the invoice in SM8 and we have had the spinning wheel of death for 2 days.

What has happened to cause this and how can it be fixed asap please?

• Service M8 support were great and also pointed out that thread in the MYOB forum. They sent me clear instructions on what I needed to do and yesterday all was sorted.

Definitely an issue on MYOB end!

• Also have this happening since Friday, ServiceM8 have been great trying to get a fix from that side.

I managed to get half a dozen over this morning, seemed to work for 5 minutes after I re-did the integration. Spinning wheel of doom has retuned now.

Princess_R
      MYOB Moderator

Hi PlumbGC,

Thank you for sharing your experience. It's good to hear that you managed to make some progress this morning, even if it was temporary. Please continue to monitor the situation and partner with our live chat support if the issue continues. Head on over to http://myob.com/contactus and click the purple speech bubble (lower right-hand corner) to open MOCA. From there, type in "get help from a support agent," and this will give you a link to open a live chat.

Feel free to get in touch if there's anything else I can assist you with.

Cheers,

Princess

Shawparth
    Experienced User

I have been having the same issue with our connection to WebNinja - they have said the situation lies with MYOB of who I have been in Live Chat with and nothing - nobody can seem to help.  Back to getting WebNinja to take a look who are extremely helpful.  If the problem lies with MYOB it is IMPOSSIBLE to get help!!! Was promised a call back/email if the problem wasn't resolved on the 8/8 and still noting on the 14/8 - this is MADNESS!!! What to do next is really anybody's guess!!!!!

Mike_James
      Ultimate Partner

Hi Shawparth , Live chat will not be able to help you, as they do not know the details of the API. See App encountering validation error | MYOB Community. on the forum for more details. 

Essentially the access token being returned (when a new access token is requested by submitting a refresh token) contains incorrect values. This is a fault of the API. You should contact WebNinja (Edit: Not ServiceM8...) support in the first instance, who may by now have a solution. As developers, they should be communicating with MYOB API support (https://apisupport.myob.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=215283)

I have been told by an MYOB partner that the fault had been corrected, but I'm not so sure now.

• Hi bectangel,

I get that you're having an issue with syncing invoices from ServiceM8 to MYOB. Since this is a third-party integration query, I recommend contacting ServiceM8's support team for assistance, especially since the spinning wheel issue is occurring on their platform. You can try relinking the software, but it is best to reach out to ServiceM8 support first to ensure the problem is addressed effectively.

Feel free to get in touch if there's any other help needed.

Cheers,

Princess

bectangel
      Contributing User

If you read my post, you'll see that I have spoken with SM8. On their recommendation I have relinked the software - they have said that they are not getting any response from the sync logs from MYOB.

Princess_R
        MYOB Moderator

Hi bectangel,

Thanks for your reply! Given that you've already relinked the application and SM8 isn't receiving responses from the sync logs, it seems like the issue might be more technical. I recommend getting in touch with our live chat support for more detailed assistance. To connect with a live chat agent, please start by contacting our virtual assistant, MOCA, through myob.com/support. If MOCA is unable to resolve your issue, it will transfer you directly to our live chat team for further help.

Cheers,

Princess

bectangel
    Contributing User

Service M8 support were great and also pointed out that thread in the MYOB forum. They sent me clear instructions on what I needed to do and yesterday all was sorted.

Definitely an issue on MYOB end!