Forum Discussion

MichelleC2
Contributing User
2 months ago

Error Message: You can't edit transactions from a previous financial year

I am trying to record an invoice payment from a customer and allocate it from 1-2001 Undeposited Funds Account to a Bank Account. However I keep getting the error message as above. Now this transaction is dated 24/05/2024 so therefore is in the current financial year. So what is going on? I have never had this problem before today. This is very frustrating. Please provide advice. FYI - In Business Settings my current financial year is 2024 and I have turned off the "Lock Date". See attached screenshot of error message.

I have tried searching through questions that have similarly been raised but the advice provided has not worked in this instance. 

Regards Michelle

1 Reply

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi MichelleC2 ,

Thank you for your detailed post and for providing the screenshot. I understand how frustrating this can be. To resolve this issue, you need to delete the invoice payment first before you can re-record it.
    If you continue to experience issues after following these steps, please feel free to reach out to our virtual assistant, MOCA, through myob.com/support for further assistance. Our live chat team is also available to help if needed.

Thank you for your patience, and I hope this resolves your issue.

Regards,
    Earl