Forum Discussion

TrudiMBBSH
Trusted Cover User
7 months ago

Message when attempting to lodge BAS

We can't get in touch with the ATO right now, so we haven't created any new activity statements for you. This may also affect your ability to edit or lodge forms. Please try again later.

I get the above message and can't find out whether this is an ATO thing or the MYOB application not working.

February BAS needs to be lodged in 4 days time!

I am using MYOB Business NOT Accountright. 

TrudiMBBSH
    Trusted Cover User

I can't seem to edit the above message so I will add here that this has worked perfectly fine since set up and I have changed nothing in terms of the set up for communications between the MYOB software and the ATO Portal.  If I don't have a resolution by Tuesday I will just have to lodge from the Online Services for Business thing instead of using MYOB.  Right now, regretting changing from paper statements to doing it online.  A quick 2 minute job turns to hours trying to find out what is wrong.

• Hi, TrudiMBBSH. Thank you for your post.

If you encounter this error, I recommend reloading the activity statement by following these steps:

1. Verify the date of the last data update.
    2. Click on "Update from ledger."
    3. Confirm that the date has been successfully updated.
    4. Proceed with lodging the return.

If you are unable to open the BAS, please ensure that the ATO has been provided with the correct Software ID. For more information on this matter, you can refer to the Help Article: Get ready to lodge activity statements online

Feel free to check this thread for related concerns: Can't get in touch with the ATO error

Let me know if there's anything that I can assist you with and I'll be happy to help! 

If I'm able to help you today, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information. 

Best regards,

Hannah

TrudiMBBSH
      Trusted Cover User

OK, so you can mark the "Accept as Solution" button if you like but I have to say that I feel like you didn't actually read what I posted!

I was able to do everything up to the point of Lodging the BAS with the ATO via MYOB software.  

I will admit that I attempted to do this on a Sunday (which has always worked in the past) but with a little googling I noted that the ATO were doing some sort of 'maintenance' which was due to be completed on the Monday morning, I suspect this was the problem.  Please note, that I didn't find that piece of information until after I posted the question.

Your instructions must be the genius addition because I have no idea how to "Update from ledger" so you would have needed to supply more information there and I did mention that I have been doing this for ages and there is absolutely no reason for the Software ID to change?? It has been that way for at least 2 or 3 years, ever since I moved from MYOB AccountEdge to MYOB Essentials Business??  

I am curious how this would change?

End game: I signed out and tried the next day and it worked fine.  I feel you probably wasted your time typing the below response.  Sorry, but the help was far too little and 24 hours after I needed a solution anyway had I still been having issues.

Hannah_V
        MYOB Staff

Thank you for letting us know, TrudiMBBSH. If everything has been resolved to your satisfaction, we'll go ahead and close this thread for now. Remember, you can always reach out in the future if you need any help or have any questions.

Cheers,

Hannah