Forum Discussion

Gilpy
Experienced User
11 months ago

BANK FEED RECONCILE PROBLEM

Hi,

I am checking off invoices I have paid to a supplier, in my bank feed, and instead of their invoice number that used to be there, it now has a reference number, that is completely useless. Can you (or I) please change it back.

myob.jpg

7 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Gilpy 

Thank you so much for your post. I'm sorry that you're not happy with the new update, this is one of our new feature in MYOB Business/Essentials. The invoice number, also called “reference number” or “invoice ID,” is a unique number consistently assigned to each invoice. 

Regards,
    Earl

Gilpy
      Experienced User

Hi Earl,

Thanks for the reply, it's ok to add a reference number to it, but my suppliers don't issue that number, so how am I supposed to know what invoices I am paying?

All these "Updates" that keep happening is making MYOB worse and worse.

Since the update before this one, it has made it very difficult to even input an invoice.

If I use the "prefill from intray file" or what ever it's called before I put in the item details, it claims there is no details of that item.

Before the update, it worked fine, it would even recognise and invoice in the in-tray before, but not anymore.

• Hi Gilpy,

Thanks for the response and thank you for the feedback. 

Generally, the reference number that will show up in the match transaction is also the bill number. Also, if we are unsure about the bill number we could toggle the bill number and it will open the bill it's connected to. Although it is an extra step, this will make sure you open the right bill. 

Let me know if you require any further assistance with this. I'm happy to help.

Cheers, 

Genreve

Gilpy
      Experienced User

Hi Genreve,

The bill number is the problem.

I can already open the bill to see the invoice number, but to do that for every single bill is just silly.

It needs the supplier invoice number there, instead of a bill number. A bill number means nothing.

Genreve_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Gilpy

Thanks for your response. 

I could understand how this feature would make matching transactions convenient. We will raise this suggestion with our development team. In the meantime let us know if there are any other concerns that you need assistance with. We are happy to help. 

Cheers, 

Genreve