Forum Discussion

Mona3739
Experienced User
2 years ago

Bank Reconciliation now out of balance

Prior to the upgrade my last bank reconciliation was carried out on 30/9/22.  Since the upgrade I am now out of balance.  I have been undoing each previous reconciliation, so far back to 30/11/21 and still out of balance.  How can this be? How could they have reconciled on the old system but suddenly everything is now out of balance?  Do I keep undoing the reconciliations until 2013 when we started using MYOB?

Can someone from MYOB please offer an answer?  This seems to be a common theme amongst users.  I have tried your suggestions about reconciling a future date and then undoing but it did not work.

Please help.

9 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    SamaraM
    Former Staff

Hi Mona3739 

Sorry to see that no one has offered assistance with your query. 

So I can take a look into this for you can you please reply with a screenshot of the Reconciliation screen showing the out of balance and confirm the last 4 digits of your serial number?

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Mona3739
      Experienced User

Hi Samara,

Serial Number....3990.

I have attached a screenshot of the first page only for the reconciliation dated 30/11/2021. If you would like me to screenshot the entire list there would be at least 150 pages, dating back to 4/7/2013.  All items are checked, there is nothing unchecked.  As you can see from the screenshot, every single items refers to a wage payment.  None of our sales or other expenses are showing.  

On the old system this was all reconciled to 30/9/2022.  I have undone all reconciliations back to 30/11/2021 and still out of balance.  

Thank you,

Simone

SamaraM
        Former Staff

Hi Simone (Mona3739)

Thanks for checking that. Can you also go to Accounting > Chart of accounts > check the opening balance for that bank account is still correct? 

Can you also change the statement date to prior to 4/7/2013 (which is the date you mentioned doing your first reconciliation), and see if there is an out of balance at all?

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.