Forum Discussion

Hibbo3909
Experienced User
11 months ago

Disappearing wages payments

Good afternoon everybody

I have sought tech help yesterday but have received nothing since then from anyone apart from acknowledgement that I have done so.

I started a new employee two weeks ago on weekly wages.

I have paid her on two occasions now through Payroll.

Neither of these transactions display in Bank Reconciliation whilst all other employees payments do display.

Has anyone any idea what is happening here? I will be looking to complete reconciliation of this account very shortly but will have some trouble without these payment details appearing in banking records.

And, I want to know why this is happening. The stream of constant challenges presented by this platform are wearing my patience very thin. So much for the now infamous "upgrade".

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Hibbo3909,

Thank you for your post and I appreciate the detailed information you provided. I'm sorry to hear about the issue you're facing. Your patience and understanding regarding this matter are greatly appreciated, and I apologize for the delayed response. I would recommend following these steps to resolve the issue:

• Verify that the payment method and bank account selected for this employee are correct. Ensure that there are no typos or discrepancies in the bank account details.
    • Confirm that the transaction dates for the payments to this new employee are within the reconciliation period you are trying to reconcile. Payments made outside the reconciliation period won't appear in the reconciliation.
    • Review the payment entries made for this employee to ensure they were processed correctly in the Payroll module.
    • If you are using bank feeds, ensure that they are correctly synced with your bank account. Sometimes, payments may not appear if the bank feed is not up to date.
    • Double-check the employee's details, especially their bank account information and employment start date. Any discrepancies here can affect payment records.
    • While reconciling, make sure you have selected the appropriate filters to display all relevant transactions, including those for the new employee.
    • Generate a Bank Reconciliation report and review it to see if the missing payments are listed there. Sometimes, transactions may not display in the reconciliation window but will appear in the report.

Please do let me know how you go on this.
    Regards,
    Earl