Forum Discussion

Kelvintronic
Contributing User
10 months ago

How do I reconcile two outgoing bank transactions to one invoice

Hi,

I have made a purchase from a non regular supplier and I was asked to pay extra for freight so had to make a second payment. I have an invoice but I cannot reconsile the two payments against the single spend money transaction.

I can do this with incoming payments by assigning them one at a time to invoices. But when I try to do the same for outgoings, I get the error message: cannot record out of balance transaction.

How do I reconsile the payments?

• Hi Kelvintronic

Thanks for posting your concern in the forum. 

I understand how there are use cases where we need to match two bank feed transactions into just one transaction in the file. You will need to either redo the transaction in the ledger to create two transactions instead of one or do journal entries to match the bank transactions. I recommend speaking to a financial advisor about the latter to make sure that everything is correct. 

In the meantime, feel free to post again if you require any other assistance. 

Thanks,
    Genreve

1 Reply

• Hi Kelvintronic

Thanks for posting your concern in the forum. 

I understand how there are use cases where we need to match two bank feed transactions into just one transaction in the file. You will need to either redo the transaction in the ledger to create two transactions instead of one or do journal entries to match the bank transactions. I recommend speaking to a financial advisor about the latter to make sure that everything is correct. 

In the meantime, feel free to post again if you require any other assistance. 

Thanks,
    Genreve