Forum Discussion

GalaxyBK
Contributing Cover User
8 months ago
Solved

How to Tell Which Transactions in Bank Feed do not have Job numbers?

New to MYOB Business (just converted from AccountRight).

I have lots of existing bank rules which are automatically allocating transactions. These transactions haven't had the Job Number assigned yet (can't do this within the rules because the job numbers change all the time).

Am I able to tell on the bank feed which lines don't have job numbers assigned without going into each transaction?

Thanks

Leah

• Hi GalaxyBK 

There is no way to visually see if the allocation made via a Rule has a job code attached to it without expanding the detail of the transaction.

If you are dealing with a lot of transactions where only a few are uncoded then you might consider doing it via a report.  There are several which can be used.

1. General Ledger report.  This report does need modification via the 'Customise Button' to add the Job Code column in to the report.

2. Job Profit and Loss Comparison Report.  For this report use the 'Jobs' button to deselect all the jobs and then use the 'Report Options' to select display transactions without jobs.  The system will produce a profit and loss report showing balances of all accounts which contain transactions which do not have a job allocated to them.  You can then drill down through each account with a balance and see all the transactions that do not have a job code.  These can be edit from here.  The best way to do that is to right click on the hyperlink and select 'Open in New Tab' otherwise you be forever re-running the report.

6 Replies

Celia_B
    MYOB Moderator

Hi GalaxyBK,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum. 

Regarding your concern, bank transaction report won't show. To be able to see the job codes on bank feeds,  go to Banking >> Bank transaction

I hope this help. If you need further assistance with this, please feel free to post again. We are happy to assist. 

Kind Regards, 

Cel

Celia_B
    MYOB Moderator

Hi GalaxyBK,

We just want to check back with you regarding your concern. If you still need assistance with this, please feel free to post again. We are happy to assist. 

Kind Regards, 

Cel

GalaxyBK
      Contributing Cover User

Hi Celia

I can't see the Job numbers unless I click on each transaction. Was hoping to see which ones at a glance needed attention. Thanks for your assistance.

Trevor_Harrison
        Super Partner

Hi GalaxyBK 

There is no way to visually see if the allocation made via a Rule has a job code attached to it without expanding the detail of the transaction.

If you are dealing with a lot of transactions where only a few are uncoded then you might consider doing it via a report.  There are several which can be used.

1. General Ledger report.  This report does need modification via the 'Customise Button' to add the Job Code column in to the report.

2. Job Profit and Loss Comparison Report.  For this report use the 'Jobs' button to deselect all the jobs and then use the 'Report Options' to select display transactions without jobs.  The system will produce a profit and loss report showing balances of all accounts which contain transactions which do not have a job allocated to them.  You can then drill down through each account with a balance and see all the transactions that do not have a job code.  These can be edit from here.  The best way to do that is to right click on the hyperlink and select 'Open in New Tab' otherwise you be forever re-running the report.