Forum Discussion

Jennielee
Experienced Cover User
3 months ago

Receive Money Reference Number not updating

When doing a Receive Money transaction, they top right reference number keeps going back to the same number and not updating to the next sequential number.

3 Replies

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Jennielee,

Thanks for your post. If the reference number doesn't update, it may need to be reset. To do this, manually type in the reference number. The software will remember it for the next sale. It might take a few manual entries, so if it doesn't update the first time, keep entering the reference number manually until it picks up the correct sequence.

Feel free to post again, we're happy to help!

Regards,
    Earl

Jennielee
      Experienced Cover User

Hi, thanks for your quick reply. I have been entering the reference number manually but it hasn’t changed yet to pick up the right number. 

Shella_A
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Jennielee,

I appreciate your patience in waiting for the reference number to be changed after manually entering it in the system. The software is designed to learn from these manual entries. After you've manually entered the reference number a few times, it should start to recognize the correct sequence and automatically update it for you. This might not happen immediately after the first entry, so please continue to manually enter the reference number until the software picks up the correct sequence. Also, adding extra characters to the reference number helped. For example, if your reference number is 001, you could try entering 0010. 

Let me know how you'd go on this and if you require further help.

Kind regards,

Shella