Forum Discussion

Jay1996
Experienced Cover User
4 months ago

Assigned User Roles in MYOB Business Pro Not working

1) Have added a new User for Online Business Pro access. Ticked only Sales, Purchase and Banking. Before handng over the login keys to the new employee, I checked the login using the new credentials and find that they have access to Payroll and everything else. All existing users are owners or Accountant with full access. So could not copy. Do not want to give Payroll access to the new bookkeeper.

There are other issues and details but the above is urgent. Mentioning one more issue:

2) When an employee leaves they use the generic business email. In another Business Pro, we deactivated and existing employee and copied to a new employee name. It will not accept the same email. 

13 Replies

Shella_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Jay1996,

Thanks for your post.

My apologies for the late response. I cannot imagine how alarming it is to have the user access everything on the file, even if they should not have. I appreciate your patience and for reaching out. I understand you're experiencing two issues with MYOB Business Pro. Let's address them one by one:

For the issue of the new user having access to payroll and other areas despite only sales, purchases, and banking being selected, it seems like a permissions issue. The user and role records in the company file are used for permission checking. If the new user is still having access to areas they shouldn't, it might be worth checking if their user record has been correctly set up in the company file. We recommend checking out this helpful article on setting up user access, which has detailed information and steps to assist you with the correct user setup.

Regarding the issue of not being able to use the same email for a new employee after deactivating an existing one, it seems like the system might not allow the reuse of an email address that's already been registered. We recommend using a new email for this, as the system does not allow you to use the same one.

Please let me know if you need further assistance with these issues.

Kind regards,

Shella

Jay1996
      Experienced Cover User

Thanks Shella,

Can you please include the link for user notes mentioned in your post? Thanks.

Before I posted the comment, I looked online and found that User set up notes were only shown for AR files. We also have AR files for different companies and the User control screens there are something that I am familiar with.
      When we try to use those notes for the Business Pro files, I cannot even find the screen mentioned in the notes. I believe I have properly set up the new user in Business Pro as far as I can see.

So when you send me the link, can you please send the one for Business Pro. Thanks.

Shella_A
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Jay1996,

Thanks for the response.

My apologies for the late reply. I understand you're looking for the user notes mentioned in the previous post and also need guidance on setting up new users in Business Pro. I appreciate you giving attention to that. I'm glad to give that to you. You may check out this help article on editing and deleting users, which will guide you through how you can manage your staff user access level in MYOB Business.

If you have any more questions or need further clarification, feel free to ask.

Otherwise, if my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this.

Kind regards,

Shella