Forum Discussion

TinaTina1
Contributing User
2 years ago
Solved

Backing up company file

Hi guys,

I use Myob Business internet based on a Mac.  I need to back up my company files on a hard drive.  I'm aware it is stored in the cloud but I need a copy on a hard drive.  The advice I've seen so far suggests to select the company file then choose File/Backup.  There is no 'File' on the menu along the top of the screen in MYOB.  Are back ups done differently when you are using the cloud?  Your help is much appreciated.  Thanks, Tina.

• I will assume you are speaking about downloading the AccountRight software application as MYOB Business lite & pro are purely web browser-based. That being said, MYOB AccountRight is a windows only program and is not designed to run on a MAC. 

Speaking about MYOB Business lite and pro, as these are browser-based only, the isn't a way to back up the file data.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hello TinaTina1 

As MYOB business lite & pro are web-based software, the backup feature isn't incorporated. I believe the information that you are reading about backing up is for our AccountRight software and not the MYOB business.

I hope this helps clear things up for you.

TinaTina1
      Contributing User

Thanks Chris.

I prefer to use web based.  If I download the MYOB app on to my Mac, will I be able to use the web based version to process information, but then use the app to back up on to the hard drive?

ChrisMYOB
        Former Staff

I will assume you are speaking about downloading the AccountRight software application as MYOB Business lite & pro are purely web browser-based. That being said, MYOB AccountRight is a windows only program and is not designed to run on a MAC. 

Speaking about MYOB Business lite and pro, as these are browser-based only, the isn't a way to back up the file data.