Forum Discussion

IanS1
Contributing User
2 years ago

Encountering usability situations

This update is terrible

- crashes all the time. "sorry, something went wrong"

- changed invoice layout. Can't change it back.

- changed invoice file names. There is no naming option when "view PDF".

- billing items:  can't change the account

That's what's wrong so far. I'm sure I'll have more!!!

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi IanS1 

So that I can assist with the 'something went wrong' error can you tell me when you get that error, is it when running a report, saving a transaction etc?

The Help Article, Set up your sales templates, has information on invoice templates. If you need further assistance with this please provide detailed information.

When you click on View PDF the PDF opens in a new tab to be viewed. When you click on Download in the PDF the Save as window opens and you can enter the required name.

In Create bill the Account column is prefilled based on the set up of that item. If you need to change the account you will need to do so by opening that Item, making the required changes and clicking on Save.

Please let me know how you go.

IanS1
      Contributing User

I am very frustrated with this upgrade. I love upgrades that improve a product. Yes, some of the MYOB upgrades are improvements, but some are useless, theyu have taken away good features. Why change something that isn't broken? Very frustrating.

Invoices: Where is this "download PDF" button? I only have "view PDF"

Invoices:"Services and Items"

I used to use Item, Description, Account, etc

I'm a Builder. I have multiple items relating to multiple clients

(Item) Demolition, (Description) Walls and roof, (Account) select client

Now I have to have a seperate demolition for every client.

The Item is now fixed to the Account.

Now I have to use "service" invoices. They aren't descriptive enough for my invoices. Very fruastrating.

Bills:

I can't do a credit anymore. I can only use a "discount".

Again, I'm a builder, buying and returning materials. I used to be able to do a negative $ item (returned item), as long as the total bill was a positive $ number. eg

line 1: Timber bought $400,

line 2: timber returned -$34

total bill $366

Can't do that anymore. Now have to work out what discount to put on the $400 to get to the $366.

Why? I'm happy to be wrong.

Tracey_H
        Former Staff

Hi IanS1 

As explained when you click on View PDF the invoice opens in a separate tab to be viewed, this does not save the PDF. To save a PDF click on the Download icon in the top right corner of the PDF, to print the PDF click on the Printer icon:

If I understand your invoicing process correctly you're creating accounts for each client. If that's the case I'd recommend using Jobs. You would create a job for each project and then assign that job to invoices and bills to track job profitability. You wouldn't need to create multiple accounts or items:

The Help Article, Jobs, has detailed information on this.

You can enter a negative line by entering the No of units as a negative and the Unit price as a positive:

Or, in the Service layout as a negative amount:

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.