Forum Discussion

9 months ago

Refund

I'm going to the small business Ombudsman.

I stopped using AccountRight over 12 months and wanted to start working again and want to use use the Business Pro. I received a quote on 15 June 2023 in the amount of $55 p/m. I said that I would like to go with that plan. In order to get the Business Pro, the call center staff member said that they'd raise my old AccountRight App and on the same day, they incorporated all my files from AccountRight into Business Pro. This is where the problems started. I was invoiced for Accountright as well as the AccountRight subscriptions.  Received a refund for the Accountright invoice, but not the AccountRight subscriptions of $145.07. This is even though I received an email, 13 July 2023 confirming refund was due after their review, A Credit Note on 19 July 2023 confirming the amount of $145.07. I have spoken to 7 call center staff members, written emails left, right and center, to no avail, until today, 4 Septeber 2023 where the call center staff member contacted the refund area who advised him they were not refunding the subscription as I am using AccountRight(???). I explained again the history and that I have it in writing and all emails from the time I started Business Pro with 2 invoice nos. with Business Pro amount debited of $55. The call center staff said that the refund area would call me today to explain why no refund will occur, It's now after hours and no call. I am useing the Business Pro software, have not used AccountRight for over 12 months, I get a refund for MYOB invoicing me the AccountRight incorrectly, but not the subscribtion. Work that one out.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Dewhurst_Wages,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear about your experience regarding your subscription. I regret any inconvenience this may have caused you. I've sent you a private message, please check your inbox. We'll continue to discuss your concern through that channel.

Cheers,

Princess

Dewhurst_Wages
      User

Hello, I received your private message and you advised that you have raised the refund issue again to be refunded. Again, this has been nearly 4 weeks with no refund into my bank account. I would now like a manager to contact me so I can lodge a complaint. You have all my details. I am giving 24 hours notice to resolve this refund issue or I shall go tothe Ombudsman this Friday 29 September 2023.

Princess_R
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Dewhurst_Wages,

Thank you for your post. Please accept my sincerest apologies for your negative service experience and for not being able to get back to you regarding your refund.

I understand your frustration about this since it's been way too long to wait for the refund. I was not able to check your case and update you. I appreciate your patience and understanding regarding this matter. Please bear with me, and I'll further check this with the relevant team and will update you once I receive a response from the team. You may leave your feedback or raise a ticket via the Feedback and Complaints channel on our website, or you may also submit a support request via myaccount.myob.com.

Once again, thank you for your understanding.

Cheers,

Princess