Forum Discussion

HollyO
User
3 months ago

Amending Payroll error

Hi

I use MYOB Business Pro

I accidentally set up an employee with the payment method "Electronic". He started in January2024. However, we have paid him weekly via manual direct transfer NOT using bank files. I should have set him up as "Cheque" as I have done with our other employees. 

I am now unable to reconcile all his wages against our bank feed from Jan to April. What is the best way to amend this? Do I reverse or delete all of his pay runs affected and then enter the pay runs again (now that I have changed his payment method)? I am worried if I do this that it will affect already paid Super & also PAYG figures.

Thanks, 

Holly

1 Reply

Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi HollyO

I get why you need to fix the previous pay run for reconciliation. Since the payments are in the electronic clearing account, you can create a "prepare electronic payment" transaction that matches each value on the bank feed. This will make a journal to transfer the values from the clearing account to the bank account you choose. Even though this method creates bank files, you don’t have to upload them to the bank—they’re just for recording purposes.

You can follow the steps in the "Making Electronic Payments" article and skip the parts about uploading the bank file.

Let us know if you need more help!

THanks,
    Genreve