Forum Discussion

Louise678
Experienced Cover User
4 days ago

Combining SS and SG into one payment

I have an employee who has been Salary Sacrificing her whole wage each week. When I pay her super monthly she gets one payment for her SS and another for her Super Guarantee for each weekly payrun. She has asked on her accountants request to have these 2 amounts combined into 1 payment. I have no idea how I would do this or even if it is possible. Can anyone help ?? 

1 Reply

Princess_R
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Louise678,

I get that your employee wanted to combine the salary sacrifice (SS) and superannuation guarantee (SG) payments into one. However, it's not possible to do so because they are treated differently for accounting and taxation purposes.

Salary Sacrifice is when an employee chooses to have a portion of their pre-tax salary paid into their superannuation fund, which is considered an employee deduction. On the other hand, the Superannuation Guarantee is the employer's legal obligation to contribute a minimum percentage of an employee's earnings into their super fund, which is an employer expense. These payments fall into distinct ATO (Australian Taxation Office) reporting categories and must be handled separately.

Feel free to get in touch if you need more help.

Cheers,

Princess