Forum Discussion

7 months ago
Solved

Company paying extra tax for employee

Hi guys

Can my Company pay extra tax for my employees? 

I am wanting to add to their tax, from the Company, a few extra dollars each week.

• Hi Kirsti1 

You don't need to do anything except enter it in the employee's card as extra tax each pay and the system will do the entries correctly and report total wages and tax correctly.

8 Replies

• Hi Kirsti1 

I assume your employee has asked to have extra tax deducted, either because they received a tax bill last year or just because they like getting a refund and it is a way of saving.

A lot of my clients have employees that want to be taxed an extra $20 or $50 each week because of those reasons.

In the employee's card go the payroll details tab, then to taxes, in there you will see the box extra tax per pay, enter the amount they want paid there.

Isaiah_C
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Kirsti1,

Thank you for the post and welcome to the Community Forum! I appreciate you reaching out to us, and I'll be more than happy to help you with this. To pay an extra tax for your employees, you can add it under Pay Items. You can create a new expense pay item, then link the expense to your employee. But we highly suggest that you need to get in touch with the ATO or consult to your accountant.

Please let me know if you need further help.

Kind regards,

Sai

Kirsti1
      User

Hi Sai

Thank you for getting back to me.

Does that mean I will put in the payable linked account to PAYG Withholding

and the expense linked account to Wages and Salary?

Julie_A_C
        Partner

Hi Kirsti1 

You don't need to do anything except enter it in the employee's card as extra tax each pay and the system will do the entries correctly and report total wages and tax correctly.