Forum Discussion

shoretee
Experienced Cover User
6 months ago

Different pay periods

I have an employee that gets paid fortnightly for salary and monthly for any bonuses/commissions.

How do I do this now when there is only one option in the standard pay?

1 Reply

• Hi shoretee,

To process the different pay frequencies for your employee (fortnightly for salary and monthly for bonuses/commissions), you'll need to adjust the pay frequency within the employee's card file each time you process a different pay cycle. For the fortnightly salary payment, update the pay frequency accordingly before processing that specific pay cycle. Similarly, when it's time for the monthly bonus or commission payment, modify the pay frequency in the employee's card file for that pay cycle. It's crucial to ensure that the pay period dates align correctly with each payment frequency adjustment to maintain accuracy in your payroll processing.

While this workaround may involve manual adjustments for each pay cycle, it should allow you to accommodate the different payment frequencies for your employee.

If there’s anything else I can help you with, feel free to let me know. I’m happy to help.

Cheers,

Princess