Forum Discussion

RightTick
Contributing Cover User
2 years ago

Employees unable to download MYOB Team app from Google Playstore

Some of the staffs using Andriod Phone are unable to access Myob Team App. Phones where staffs having issues include Nokia X10, Samsumg Galaxy A33, Samsung Galaxy A13.

They receive following error:

This app isn't available for your device because it was made for older version Android.

I think it's something to do with how the app is set up by MYOB in the Google Playstore.

Hope this issue can be noted by MYOB and apply a fix to resolve the issue.

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi RightTick

Thanks for posting. 

There are a lot of factors that could hinder the app from being downloaded from the app store. But there are a couple of things we could try to fix the issue, One of which is trying to make sure you are on the latest version of firmware update for your phone and have the Android security up-to-date. We could also try to clear Google Playstore cache and data and uninstall Playstore updates, then try to see if it lets you download the app. 

If none of these work we could find an APK file of the teams app and then install it manually on the phone. 

If you need further assistance or have any other questions feel free to reply to this thread. 

Cheers, 

Genreve.

RightTick
      Contributing Cover User

Hi Genreve_S 

This is happening with couple of our employees. Their phones are all up-to-date with software updates.

They are working remotely and it is very hard for me step through the troubleshoot remotely.

Can you please share the APK file to manually download the app on phones of impacted employees?

Regards

robyn17
      Contributing User

HI,

My employee has had this problem too, though it appears that her samsung phone model is no longer receiving updates.

How do I get APK file of the teams app and then install it manually on the phone. 

thanks

Google search

Samsung S20 FE 5G  - According to a recent report by Sammobile, popular devices from Samsung including Galaxy S20, S20+, S20 Ultra, S20 FE and some other old Galaxy devices will no longer get any OS updates meaning consumers using these devices will not get the Android 14-based OneUI 6.0 update.27 Mar 2023

RightTick
        Contributing Cover User

Google search Myob Team APK file.
        I downloaded and shared with my employees.

Worked for my employees.