Forum Discussion

Thea2
User
9 months ago

Fixing Payroll in a previous year

My new client has payments in the previous financial year that relate to payroll but were not entered in payroll. I need to enter these pays but MYOB won't allow it. I had already recorded 1 pay in the previous financial year  but couldn't lodge it via STP. I called the ATO to check and was advised to lodge it manually. This has been  done successfully with an SGC form also submitted for that 1 pay.  I then realised there were additional payments that also need to be recorded.

Refering to the MYOB  instructions here.

To correct pays in previous payroll years you will need to undo the employee's finalisation first by going to the STP reporting centre >> Go to the EOFY finalisation tab >> Select the year >> Click on the ellipsis for that employee and choose to Remove finalisation.

Note The ellipsis (3 dots) opens the PDF that was manually reported. There is no option to remove the finalisations. With the previous pay I couldn't lodge the STP but was able to record the payment in MYOB.

I was planning to record the payments in payroll including the super calculation and then lodge the updated manual form and SGC forms to meet the requirement for late super. 

Please confirm if this is possible or advise an alternative method.

Or should the late super be recorded via a journal instead of via payroll?

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi, Thea2

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the MYOB Community Forum.

You can only report to payroll for STP if you were able to sign up for STP during that payroll year. If not, you will need to manually lodge all the payroll for the previous payroll years. With this, we recommend manually lodging those figures if you haven't yet signed up for STP during those payroll years.

Please let us know if you require any further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Doreen

Thea2
      User

Thank you Doreen, I appreciate your reply. Good to know. I will enter the payroll figures manually. 

Doreen_P
      MYOB Moderator

Hi, Thea2

Thanks for your response.

We're glad to hear that we were able to assist you. Please feel free to create a post again if you encounter any further issues. We are delighted to assist you.

Best regards,

Doreen