Forum Discussion

SteveB0000
Contributing User
4 days ago

How to set up GST Clearing Account

I'm attempting to create my first BAS report. In Report Settings it asks me to choose my GST clearing account and the Help suggests creating a new liability account and choosing that. However, in the Accounts List there is already a Level 1 header category called Liabilities; under this, a level 2 header category called Current Liabilities; and, under that, a Level 3 header category called GST liabilities, and this account already has a current balance. I don't know where this comes from.  I tried selecting this account as my GST clearing account but it doesn't appear in the drop-down list.

I'm confused about what to do next. Should I ignore all the above and create a new liability category as suggested? What Level? Header or Detail?

Thanks in advance.

Isaiah_C
    MYOB Moderator

Hi SteveB0000,

From what you've described, it seems that there is already a "GST Liabilities" account in the system. However, since you're unsure about the setup and it's not appearing in the dropdown for BAS, it's best to consult with your accountant. They can ensure that the account is correctly configured, whether it's a header or detail account, and that it aligns with your GST and BAS reporting needs.

Regards,

Sai