Forum Discussion

PaulaWalker63
Contributing User
12 days ago

Leave not accruing correctly

We have leave accruals set as percentage, which should accrue 2.9231 for annual leave and 1.4615 for sick leave.

However, every time there is a public holiday, the leave accruals are reduced.

that should only occur if the employee is taking leave without pay.

why is this occurring.

i changed it to fixed rate per pay but this only comes in at 2.92 and 1.46 which works out slightly incorrect and I don’t like that.  I would prefer it totally correct.

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hey PaulaWalker63,

Let's get you back on track with the annual and sick leave. Could you please check if the annual leave or sick leave is linked to the wage category for public holidays? This could be the reason why the leave accruals are being reduced. To check it, go to Payroll > Pay items > Leave, then select the annual leave or sick leave. Under the leave set up, check the Link wage pay item. If the public holiday is linked to the leave, then this will reduce the number of hours entered whenever there's a public holiday on the pay run.

Best regards,

Doreen

PaulaWalker63
    Contributing User

Hi Doreen,

no it’s not linked.

i have just taken over payroll and I am trying to fix mistakes the last person overlooked.

Doreen_P
      MYOB Moderator

Hi PaulaWalker63,

If you're still having issues with the leave not accruing correctly after checking if it's linked to a wage pay item, I highly suggest getting in touch with our live chat. To get through to a live chat agent, you will need to get in touch first to our virtual assistant, MOCA through myob.com/support. Don't worry, if MOCA can't provide the help you need, our live chat team is just around the corner to pick up from where MOCA left off.

Best regards,

Doreen