Forum Discussion

6 months ago
Solved

Payroll and accrued leave

Hi there, it has just come to my attention after several months that a new permanent  employee was set up without their correct annual and personal leave boxes added to their payroll. 

How can I correct this after so long? Do I have to go back and delete each pay run and redo it?

• Hi Justinoosa2

Thank you for posting your concern in the forum. 

I'm sorry to hear about your concern. I understand how important it is that the accrued leave hours are all correct. You don't need to delete and redo all payroll transactions for that employee. You will need to link the employee to the leave categories and do a void pay run (zero values for everything except the entitlements, adding the total amount accrued for the past period) to adjust the accrued leave. I suggest reading through this article, Fixing a Pay. This would show the process of adjusting instead of redoing the whole pay run. 

Let us know if you require any further assistance with this. 

Thanks,
    Genreve

1 Reply

Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Justinoosa2

Thank you for posting your concern in the forum. 

I'm sorry to hear about your concern. I understand how important it is that the accrued leave hours are all correct. You don't need to delete and redo all payroll transactions for that employee. You will need to link the employee to the leave categories and do a void pay run (zero values for everything except the entitlements, adding the total amount accrued for the past period) to adjust the accrued leave. I suggest reading through this article, Fixing a Pay. This would show the process of adjusting instead of redoing the whole pay run. 

Let us know if you require any further assistance with this. 

Thanks,
    Genreve