Forum Discussion

Debbie-KEAD
Experienced Cover User
2 years ago
Solved

Leave Entitlements - Accrued balance incorrect when entering payroll

I am finding that when I enter Leave hours against an employee, MYOB says that the leave balance is zero however in the Entitlement Reports, the values are shown and are correct.  If I look at the employee card, the leave entitlement balance reconciles to the Report.  It is just when entering the hours in the payrun, I get the 'yellow danger" icon and when I right click it shows zero entitlement available.  This is a new problem which has just came to light in February this year and seems to affect all employees.

Debbie Timmins

Leneth_A
    2 years ago

Hi Debbie-KEAD

Thanks for the update. We're glad to hear you're able to look at the cause of the problem. You may need to adjust for those employees who used the Annual Leave Pay Wage Item.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
    Leneth

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Leneth_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Debbie-KEAD

Thanks for your post.

You can check where the leave item was linked. Usually, the entitlement of wage items is incorrectly linked.

The Help Article Payroll categories will provide you with more information and instructions to assist you with this.

Please don't hesitate to post again if you need help in the future.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
    Leneth

Debbie-KEAD
      Experienced Cover User

I have looked at the payroll category for Annual Leave accrual.  I think this might be the cause of the problem.

The linked wages account was changed to Unused Annual Leave to handle a termination and not set back to Annual Leave Pay.

To correct this, can I amend the Leave Entitlement category to show the correct linked wages account (Annual Leave Pay).

Do I need to adjust anything to correct transactions which may have been incorrectly handled?

Thanks

Debbie

Leneth_A
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Debbie-KEAD

Thanks for the update. We're glad to hear you're able to look at the cause of the problem. You may need to adjust for those employees who used the Annual Leave Pay Wage Item.

Please let me know if you need further help.

Cheers,
        Leneth