Forum Discussion

Davidv
Trusted Partner
4 years ago
Solved

Employee entitlements not accruing correctly

Has anyone else experienced issues where the entitlements are not accruing correctly

I our case, all pays from 22 December 2020 have been accruing personal leave based upon a set number of hours per year even though this are is greyed out in the payroll category setup and the % of Gross hours has been selected

Davidv
    4 years ago

Thank you for your reply

The issue we had was not as a result of anything being changed by the user - the issue happened across the board on all Personal leave entitlements when the file was upgraded and this was confirmed by your consultant when they were given access to the file to investigate who was also at a looss as to why this occurred

You are correct in your assumption that we had ruled out having different payroll categories and also that the "excluded items had been correctly ticked - our issue was that, even though the accrual of leave was to be on % of gross hours, and which it was up correctlyaccruing until pay the last payday dated 8th December, all subsequent pays had the leave accruing based upon the greyed out "number of hours per year" even though nothing hads been changed

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Davidv 

Typically, when entitlements are not accruing it depends on the actual setup of the category rather than a more widespread situation.

If your leave entitlements are not accruing as expected, I would recommend navigating to Payroll>>Payroll Categories>>Entitlements>>Choosing the desired entitlement and reviewing the Calculation basis.

With your case, you mentioned that it set to be Percentage of Gross Hours has been selected for that calculation basis. If so, I would also be reviewing the Exempt categories to see what is being included in Gross hours. All categories that are NOT ticked in that window make up the Gross Hours and will be included in the calculation i.e. a percentage of to calculate the entitlement percentage.

Note: As you have indicated you think it might be based upon a set number of hours I have assumed that you have ruled out two different payroll categories being set up and that the employees are being paid the same amount per pay.

If you are still requiring assistance with the entitlement categories calculations getting the following information/screenshots would be required:

• The Entitlement information window of that desired category
    • A list of categories exempt from that category (Exempt button on the Entitlement Information window).
    • A payroll transaction i.e. a not already recorded pay, showing the incorrect amounts of hours accrued.
      Davidv
      Trusted Partner

Thank you for your reply

The issue we had was not as a result of anything being changed by the user - the issue happened across the board on all Personal leave entitlements when the file was upgraded and this was confirmed by your consultant when they were given access to the file to investigate who was also at a looss as to why this occurred

You are correct in your assumption that we had ruled out having different payroll categories and also that the "excluded items had been correctly ticked - our issue was that, even though the accrual of leave was to be on % of gross hours, and which it was up correctlyaccruing until pay the last payday dated 8th December, all subsequent pays had the leave accruing based upon the greyed out "number of hours per year" even though nothing hads been changed