Forum Discussion

Myplace
Experienced User
9 months ago

Myob Teams Approving Manager

The approving manager is not able to approve the staff alloted to them via the MYOB Teams app.

Error message is  - Sorry about that! There was an error retrieving your timeshetts, please try again later.

I need to get it fixed.

I have removed the manager and reinvited but still will not work.

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Celia_B
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Myplace,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum. 

Regarding your concern, if the approving manager is unable to approve time sheets, please check the following:

Your user role needs to be administrator, if you go to Setup >> user access >> In this window please check that the role of the approving manager is administrator, but the username is not the "Administrator", this cannot be the Administrator default USER ID. If it is, you will need to create a new USER ID on my.myob login. 

• In Setup >> company information, the email address used needs to be the same as the admin email to be used in sign up (which would be your email address)
    • Additionally, please make sure that in Setup >> Preferences, "I used Timesheet" needs to be ticked with Payroll or Time Billing and Payroll selected. 
    • When you go to Setup >> User Access, are multiple roles ticked for you or only Administrator, if the Administrator is ticked, please untick all other roles as that would be casing the approval fail.

If you have checked all of them and still cannot approve the timesheet, clear out the location in MYOB Team and re-enter it. 

I hope this helps. If you need further assistance with this, or if you still have questions or concerns, please feel free to post again. We are happy to help.

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Kind Regards, 

Cel

Myplace
      Experienced User

The approving Manager ( who is an employee) needs to approve the other staff hours worked via the MYOB TEAMS APP only.  This is not working.

She has the MYOB teams app and uses it for her own hours worked and I have set her up in Locations as an approving manager. When she goes to use the timesheet approval on the MYOB TEAMS APP is does not work.

I have previously set up a staff member with the same access using the MYOB TEAMS APP as approving manager and they did not have any issues with her accessing other staff members timesheets to approve. No settings had to be changed in the setup so I am not sure what you are talking about regarding Set up - Co Info - User access etc., etc.,   that has all been set up. That is of no assistance whatsoever.

Celia_B
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Myplace,

Thank you so much for the update. We regret to know that you still have the issue. 

To help you better, please confirm if you received an error message? If yes, could you please send me a screenshot of the error message so we can investigate further? You can also try to remove and then re-add the approving manager. Kindly check out this Help Article: Getting Started with MYOB Team and Timesheets, which has detailed information regarding MYOB Team app and Timesheets. You can use this as a reference. 

Feel free to post again if you need further assistance with this. We are happy to help. 

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Kind Regards, 

Cel