Forum Discussion

11 months ago

name of pay item on pay slip

Hi guys 

we know we can name the pay item on payslip. For example, food level 1 weekend pay, we can name it as Weekend pay. so the payslip show this item is weekend pay. 

Recently, the staff increase to food level 2, so we add level 2 pay item into the employee account. which name for Weekend pay still. As the staff has received Level1 weekend pay this tax year, so level 1 pay item can not be delete.

But when we view the pdf, we find level 1 which showed 'weekend pay' in staff's previous payslip. now show real name level 1 weekend pay in this payrun payslip, I thought it may due to same customised name. so I change level 2 payslip name to new weekend pay. But same, the level 1 previous pay item still show the original name as level 1 on current payslip.

we find if we add any new pay item to staff account, their orignal pay item even like annual leave item will shows the original name not customised name. 

anyone know why ?

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi mdddtuky

Thank you for your post. I'd like to extend you a warm welcome to the Community Forum. I hope you find it a valuable resource.

In this matter, since the description field on pay slips comes from the wage name filed in the pay item, I would highly recommend verifying the saved pay item name under Pay Items.

You can only change the pay item name on a pay slip if you'll be changing it through Payroll >> Pay Item >> Select the pay item name >> Change the name in the Name field and click on Save. Can you please provide a screenshot of your pay items showing the weekend pay level and weekend pay level 2 so I can assist further?

Cheers,

Princess

mdddtuky
      User

I mean currently, Staff A has 3 pay item in the payslip - Base salary, F&B lv1 ( used to show weekend pay) now showed F&B lv1 in description. 2023 lv1 show weekend pay. 

Princess_R
        MYOB Moderator

Hi mdddtuky,

Thank you for your response. I appreciate you providing the screenshots.

If Staff A has three pay items, which are 2023 intro weekend pay, 2023 Lv1 weekend payment, and F&B LV1 weekend pay, if these are set to weekend pay on the pay item settings, these should show the weekend pay on the payslip. Please check each pay item name setting to see if the name on the pay slip changes to the original pay item name. Please see the screenshot below:

If it's not showing Weekend Pay, please change it and make sure to click on Save.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Cheers,

Princess

mdddtuky
      User
      I put new pay item 2023 lv1 into staff A 's account, then that staff A's new payslip for the F&B lv1 weekend pay doesnt show weekend pay name any more, show the original item name.  But the staff B still stay old F&B lv1 weekend pay ( no new pay item added) still all good, show weekend pay in pay slip. 

I found, as long as I add any new item, the previous pay item will not show personalised name any more.