Forum Discussion

megan22
Contributing User
4 days ago

Emailing Pay Slips

Sometime between 10th and 24th of June 2024, MYOB has changed the way it delivers emailed pay slips.  They no longer go direct from me (with copies stored in my sent mailbox), they now go from accountright@apps.myob.com. I have not been able to find out any information about this change and it was not in the release notes of the June update.

Several employees have had their pay slips picked up by spam filters and are annoyed about that.  All staff received a pay increase on 1 July.  Our auditors are on site this week and are asking for copies of some samples of pay slips.  I can't produce a copy of the pay slip as it was pre 1 July as the cards have been changed.

How can I;

(a) re-run all pay slips exactly as they were prior to changes to employees card, or

(b) revert back to the way it was, with pay slips delivered by me (copies in my sent mail) ?

Thank you

• Hi megan22 - thanks for the question.

There's a preference in AccountRight that controls whether your emails are sent directly via AccountRight, or via Microsoft Outlook. This preference must have somehow been changed in your company file.

To switch back to using Outlook, go to the Setup menu > Preferences > Emailing tab and deselect the Send Emails Using AccountRight option - then click OK.

To learn more about these two emailing methods in AccountRight, take a look at this help topic.

Once you've changed this preference, you can re-send your employee's pay slips - here's the details on how to do this.

I hope this helps!

Adrian

2 Replies

• Hi megan22 - thanks for the question.

There's a preference in AccountRight that controls whether your emails are sent directly via AccountRight, or via Microsoft Outlook. This preference must have somehow been changed in your company file.

To switch back to using Outlook, go to the Setup menu > Preferences > Emailing tab and deselect the Send Emails Using AccountRight option - then click OK.

To learn more about these two emailing methods in AccountRight, take a look at this help topic.

Once you've changed this preference, you can re-send your employee's pay slips - here's the details on how to do this.

I hope this helps!

Adrian

megan22
      Contributing User

Hi Adrian

Thank you, there was some helpful info in this and I've learned a couple of new things.  The biggest issue for me is that changes to an employees card mean that the header of a pay slip updates to current information and an exact replica of a past pay slip cannot be re-run ...... so I've chosen to change the emailing preferences back to Outlook so that I have a proper audit trail in my sent emails.

Thanks