Forum Discussion

LAL-Mary
Experienced User
5 months ago

Part Time & Casual Employee Setup

Hi Everyone,

I have an employee who is working 3 days a week permanent part time.  She is now also going to do casual work on the other days.

How do I set this up so that she is paid her 3 days as permanent and accrues leave, and the other days according to any hours worked?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mary

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi LAL-Mary

I'd be happy to help you and ensure everything is set up correctly for this employee. Since your employee is doing part time and casual, you will need to create a separate pay items for every work done. One for part time and another one for casual. If either of the two will not accrue any entitlements, then you will need to exempt it. To add an exemption, go to Payroll > Employees and then select the employee name > Leave > Choose the pay item you want to exempt then scroll down > Under Leave exemptions, enter the wage you want to exempt it to.

Lastly, you can check the link here for detailed steps on how to create pay items. Don't hesitate to post again if there's anything you need assistance with.

Best regards,

Doreen

LAL-Mary
    Experienced User

Thanks Doreen, much appreciated.  I figured that was the way to do it but wanted to make sure it was right.