Forum Discussion

JennyPTA
Trusted Cover User
2 years ago
Solved

Long service leave for employee casual to permanent

Hi, I have an employee who has been with us for 3 years on a full time, casual basis. He has now gone full time permanent which is great. How can I include his previous 3 years in his long service leave? Or is this done automatically? 

• Hi JennyPTA 

Thank you for your post. Regarding on how we can include the Long Service Leave Balance Entitlements of your casual employee after making them to permanent, first thing we need to do is to run the Balance Entitlement Report by going to Reports >> Balance Entitlements >> Balance Details >> Display Report. This report will show you the list of details of payment date, date of accrued entitlements by hours and leave taken with the running balance and value sorted by each of your employees.

After we determine the Long Service Leave Balance of your employee, we can manually adjust it under the employee card file. Please note that we need to make sure that the Long Service Leave for the permanent employee was properly set up so that we can avoid any further errors upon running a pay run.

You may refer to the steps given in this Help Articles: Adjusting leave entitlements and Long Service Leave that has all the detailed information to assist you with this.

If you have any other queries, don't hesitate to start a new post and we'll be happy to assist.

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers, 

Shella_A

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Shella_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi JennyPTA 

Thank you for your post. Regarding on how we can include the Long Service Leave Balance Entitlements of your casual employee after making them to permanent, first thing we need to do is to run the Balance Entitlement Report by going to Reports >> Balance Entitlements >> Balance Details >> Display Report. This report will show you the list of details of payment date, date of accrued entitlements by hours and leave taken with the running balance and value sorted by each of your employees.

After we determine the Long Service Leave Balance of your employee, we can manually adjust it under the employee card file. Please note that we need to make sure that the Long Service Leave for the permanent employee was properly set up so that we can avoid any further errors upon running a pay run.

You may refer to the steps given in this Help Articles: Adjusting leave entitlements and Long Service Leave that has all the detailed information to assist you with this.

If you have any other queries, don't hesitate to start a new post and we'll be happy to assist.

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers, 

Shella_A

JennyPTA
      Trusted Cover User

Thank you Shella A. In my employee's card file, under wages, I have ticked Long Service Leave but it doesn't come up under his entitlements. Sick leave and holiday leave come up but not long service leave. What should I do?

JennyPTA
        Trusted Cover User

Oh, have worked out that bit. Thank you.