Forum Discussion

mtu123
User
2 years ago
Solved

Payroll deduction

After some help.

We're requested by an employee to pay his training fee on his behalf in advance and deduct it from his future pay. 

May I ask how to process this kind of situation? Should I open a new pay item under deduction and link it to this employee?

• Hi mtu123 

Sorry to see that no one has replied to you yet. One option is you could create a payroll category for the deduction. We have an article that explains how to do this when an employee purchases from the business and has the amount deducted from their pay: Selling to your employees which may help. 

However, as the payment was to a third party you might want to double-check that process is the same in your situation with the ATO or an accounting advisor for your specific situation.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    SamaraM
    Former Staff

Hi mtu123 

Sorry to see that no one has replied to you yet. One option is you could create a payroll category for the deduction. We have an article that explains how to do this when an employee purchases from the business and has the amount deducted from their pay: Selling to your employees which may help. 

However, as the payment was to a third party you might want to double-check that process is the same in your situation with the ATO or an accounting advisor for your specific situation.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.