Forum Discussion

juliemac1
Experienced User
3 years ago
Solved

Payroll Deductions reducing STP Gross amount

Hi, I have 2 issues with Deductions reducing the amount of Gross reported in the STP reporting.

1. A Salary Sacrifice Deduction - I get that this is reducing the Gross for the purpose of calculating tax for that particular employee - is it correct that it reduces the Gross on the STP reporting? - and this then creates a difference between the STP reported Gross and the actual Gross Wages that I report on my PAYGW Activity Statement - is it ok for these to be reported different?

2. An after tax deduction (for rent, but could be for anything)  - this is also reducing the amount reported in the Gross of the STP reporting - I have the deduction as "Not Reportable" for the ATO Reporting Category - again, this is making the STP reporting, and my figure that I would report as Gross on my IPAYGW Activity Statement different. 

Greatly appreciated if you could please advise how I can correct this?

Thanks

J

• Hi 

With 2 the after tax deduction check the exempt tab on the category and make sure nothing is selected

With the sal sac - have you set it up in the super category tab? Have you assigned it as reportable super contributions?

Thats all  I can think of  to suggest

Lisa

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    LRBooks61
    Ultimate Cover User

Hi 

With 2 the after tax deduction check the exempt tab on the category and make sure nothing is selected

With the sal sac - have you set it up in the super category tab? Have you assigned it as reportable super contributions?

Thats all  I can think of  to suggest

Lisa

juliemac1
      Experienced User

Hi Lisa

Thanks heaps, I think that has solved my issue

Cheers

Julie